4.21.2012



So I bet you're DYING to know what a day in my life is like. I lead a glamorous life, and really, it's expected that people should be curious. So, without further ado, I present: 



A Day in the Life of a Franny*
(Friend + Nanny = Franny)
The Abridged Version

8:00 am
N leaves for work and throws open the curtains because, let's face it, I can't wake up without someone forcing me to. Mumbling incoherently, I tell him to have a good day and that I love him (*cue sappy music*). I sound more like a stoned Jar Jar Binks than a human, but he gets the point. I think.

I try my best to be speedy about at least brushing my teeth before making my way into the living room, where little E is hanging out with her parents before they go to work. We hang out and chat for a while, I ask when she was last fed. E is on a schedule where she eats every three hours without fail (which sounds psychotic but is actually amazing and makes her day predictable), so this information is important. They've made me a morning smoothie, which I gratefully guzzle. 

8:30 am
J & J leave for work, and I'm left alone with E. We hang out. She's a cool kid. 

9:00 am
Grumpypants McGee arrives, so I restrain swaddle her and put her down for a nap. Then I check my Google Reader, Twitter, e-mail. I may also be able to squeeze in a quick cleaning session episode of "Friends" in our room.

10:00 am
It's time for E to wake up and eat. I change her and strip her down to her diaper because she's started solids and rice cereal is like glue when it dries. I'd rather stick her in the sink to rinse her off than deal with gross clothes. We sit down at the kitchen table, and she eats. And farts. When she's done, I put her in her bouncer and change into my workout clothes. 

10:30 am
I do my P90X for the day. Former office life and an enchilada addiction have left me with excess junk in my trunk. She watches, amused. At some point during the hour to hour and a half, she gets grumpy, so I swaddle her again and keep working out until she passes out. I move her to her bed. 

11:30 am
E is napping and I'm finally done with the workout, so I shower, get dressed, and consider blogging. Of course, I don't, so I watch some more TV and maybe wash some dishes. Lunch is an Amy's bean + cheese burrito with a dollop of Greek yogurt and salsa on top. YUM. 

1:00 pm
It's time for E to eat again. I prep a bottle, and she kicks me in the boobs with the expertise of a Thai kickboxer while I feed her on the couch. When she's done, we hang out for a bit, I read to her, and we get ready to run errands leave the house for a bit.

1:30 pm
Do random stuff. Sometimes we run errands, sometimes we just leave the house for the sake of leaving the house. 

2:30 pm
E falls asleep sometime around now. If we're at home, I put her in her room. If we're out, I just let her sleep. 

4:00 pm
E eats. Again. 

4:30 pm
I put her down to play on the mat so she can work on her fitness. Girl is getting close to crawling now. 

5:30 pm
E falls asleep around now and adults start getting home - hooray!! We all hang out. I'm off the clock. Cocktail hour is usually around this time. We're fancy like that. 

7:00 pm
E eats, but this time her parents feed her. I'm off the clock. So we start talking about dinner. If we don't cook, we walk a couple of blocks to a pretty good Mexican food joint. 

After that, it's kind of a crapshoot. Lots of talking, lots of hanging out. We've got a nice little commune-style situation** going, and it's pretty great. 


*I wear sequins a lot, not unlike Fran Fine. Frannies are fancy.
**I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but the current situation is that we're staying with friends until we get settled here in DFW. So far, so good. I'll probably do a post on being married with roommates at some point, but if you'd like others' perspective on the (really awesome) situation, check out this one on A Practical Wedding


GIF image found on Tumblr (otherwise known as "the black hole into which all proper crediting goes to die"). If you know who made it, let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. i always feel better about how little i get done with H when someone else goes into detail about their day. (he is SUCH a handful. an amazing onem obv)

    ReplyDelete