5.31.2012


an update.

So things over here have been cooking away. We're finally settled in to our temporary digs, have schedules, new habits. As such, my brain has been able to proceed with brewing a new business venture that involves creativity in ways I've never used. For the most part, it's been badass. To be able to use my hands again, push my brain to explore long-neglected chasms, and generate (what I would consider original) content is rewarding in the extreme.

But at the same time, I'm pushing myself in ways that are completely foreign to me. This whole venture is an exercise in self-education. And it's effing arduous: I spent the majority of today on one item and prepping for more. It was the most frustrating day I've had in a long time. I'm so slow and so green that I have to stop myself from giving up an hour in. But if there's anything that I've learned about myself in my 28 years on this planet it's that if I care about something enough, I'll learn it and do my best to kick ass at it. Frustration can (AND WILL BE) be channeled into productivity (DAMMIT). So I'll be doing this again tomorrow. And the next day.

So that's where I am: in my cave, toiling away. Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all you chums and chumettes. Hope all is swell in your corners of the world.

Pip pip!

xo

1 comment:

  1. This is all so good. I wish i had the right, motivational, encouraging words. All I can say is that this takes you places. Moving forward, no matter how challenging—that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete