8.28.2012

So I've see a few of these posts going around, and I really dig the idea. It's pretty intriguing seeing what kind of jewelry everyone wears on a daily basis, so I thought I'd kind of join in and share what I wear. I'm not a matchy-matchy person as far as accessories go and I'm a big fan of mixing metals and textures.

1. Rings
 I have an engagement ring and a wedding band. My engagement ring is one of the most treasured items I've ever possessed. However, being the prize-winning bonehead that I am, I smashed it while helping a friend move some furniture, which is why it looks all warped and weird. I lost 4 stones out of it (but thankfully found ALL of them in the bed of the U-Haul pickup. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES??). It currently lives in a ziplock baggie in my jewelry box, waiting to be repaired at the shop from which it was purchased in San Antonio, but I thought I should show it anyway, because theoretically, I would be wearing it every day. The band is from Overstock.com. Yeah, we classy. 

2. Bracelet + Earrings
I honestly cannot recall how I came to own this bracelet. Maybe I bought it as a kid during my New Mexico phase? Either way, it fits my wrist perfectly and doesn't bang around when I use the computer (which is why I usually avoid bracelets like the plague. ANNOYING.). I wear it daily, unless I forget to put it on after my shower. 
Although I used to be a fan of huge earrings, I nowadays typically wear some kind of studs. These are currently in heavy rotation. I bought them in the teenager section of Nordstrom, and they started getting all funky within a week of my wearing them, but I still wear them most of the time. I feel like they go with almost everything. If they don't, don't tell me. Skullz 4 life, yo. 

3. Necklace
I bought this necklace in Cape Town at a craft market. It was (and still is) kind of a splurge at $50, but it turned out to be a great investment, as it is my second favorite piece of jewelry. No lie, I wear this at least 5 times a week. Sometimes alone, sometimes layered with other necklaces. It's sturdy, funky, and the perfect length. 

And that's it. I'm pretty simple. I have a few other pieces that I phase in and out, but these are the standards. 

What about you? What kind of stuff is your everyday, go-to jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment