2.26.2012










































































































I thought I'd take a break from packing up the house to share a few images from our adventures in San Antonio last weekend. It was a nice little vacation for three days, and we were able to visit my parents, which is a rarity (although we live only 3 hours away).

N had never seen the Missions, so we went to see San Jose and Concepcion. Truth be told, I hadn't been since I was in elementary school, so it was nice to re-learn a bit of our history.

The rest of the weekend was spent just hanging around the house and eating. A lot. Delicious empanadas at Beto's, a FANTASTIC portobello burger at Big'Z, beers + live music at Tycoon Flats. Oh, and pedicures with my Alzheimer's-riddled grandmother, which was so much fun.

Lola had a great time running around my parents' ginormous back yard. She's a bit of a mountain goat.

I hope all of your weekends are going well. 
N and I spent a bit of time packing yesterday and then we went to a going-away barbecue (where we drank WAY TOO MUCH). This morning N left to help his family in the Houston area, so I'm all aloney on my owny to pack up a bunch of stuff (and eat lots of breakfast tacos to cure the hangover...oy). On the list: everything. Even plates  and whatnot (hurrah paper plates! not). This moving stuff is crazy - we've been here for over 2 years and good lord we have so much crap. But we're making progress, which is what counts. 

This coming week is my last at work - so.weird. I've been working since I was 13. Quitting my job for the unknown is beyond insane. I'm crazy nervous and more than a little apprehensive, and my OCD is in overdrive trying to make sure that everyone knows EVERYTHING that I do and has every little scrap of paper that could potentially be important, which is, you know, like everything.

So yeah. Posting will probably be even lighter than usual the next week, but will pick up when we get where we're going.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. a) I really love these images
    b) I can't figure out where you are moving to…? But these images make me sad we didn't have time to go to San Antonio while we were in TX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a) Thanks! That really means a lot, especially coming from someone as talented as you are!

      b) We've moved to the Dallas area. And yes, you should TOTALLY check out San Antonio the next time around - it's fantastic and overshadowed by Austin, so usually not too crazy busy or anything. Very, very fun.

      Delete